“Ridin'” is a song by American hip hop recording artist Chamillionaire, released as the lead single from his debut studio album The Sound of Revenge (2005). The song, produced by Play-N-Skillz, features a guest appearance from fellow American rapper Krayzie Bone, of Bone Thugs n Harmony. The lyrics concern racial profiling and police brutality, as well as the stereotyping of African-Americans driving vehicles with drugs or other contraband. The music video attempts to create a sense of the police abusing their powers for likely racist or power hungry reasons, and he juxtaposes police actions with wrestling scenes to show how the police allegedly treat suspects (adapted from Wikipedia).
They see me rolling.
They hating. Patrolling and trying to catch me riding dirty.
Trying to catch me riding dirty
My music so loud I’m swinging.
They hoping that they going to catch me riding dirty.
Trying to catch me riding dirty.
Grammar: Present Perfect Progressive
I’ve been drinking and smoking. Holy shit because I really can’t focus.
I got to get it home before the po-po’s scope this.
Use the present perfect progressive for actions that started in the past and continue to the present.
Subject + has/have + been + ~ing verb
Subject + has/have + not + been + ~ing verb
Has/Have + subject + been + ~ing verb?
- I have been studying for two hours. It is 2pm now, and I started studying at 12pm.
- You have been listening to the same song all day. I think you should listen to something different.
- He has not been exercising. He looks flabby, and he is sweating.
- How long have you been watching TV? I think you have been watching TV for too long. You should go outside and get some fresh air.
Please answer and discuss these questions:
- How long have you been studying English?
- How long have you been working at your job?
- How long have you been living in your city?