Hieroglyphics are an American underground hip hop collective based in Oakland, California. The collective was founded in the early-1990s by rapper Del tha Funkee Homosapien. The collective is currently composed of rappers Del the Funky Homosapien, Casual, Pep Love, producer/manager Domino, DJ Toure, and the four individual members of the rap group Souls of Mischief: Phesto, A-Plus, Opio, and Tajai. The Hieroglyphics combine fundamentally sound deliveries and lyrical content with original and sometimes jazzy or funky beats and samples. Since their inception, Hieroglyphics have found a following largely through their live concerts, podcasts (“Hierocasts”), and promotion through their website (taken verbatim from Wikipedia).
Hip-hop is vintage.
Underground like silos
launching long-range ballistics.
World-renowned. We ground-breaking.
Running circles around emcees.
Grammar: ‘Until’ and ‘By’
You’re making some green?
But not for glamour or fashion.
I’m stacking cash until I can get Moms a mansion.
Until is a common preposition of time, and we use it to express actions that continue to a point in time and stop. Use “until” with the past, present and future.
- I am 27 years old. I lived with my parents until I was 18. Therefore, I moved out of my parents house nine years ago.
- He’s working until 9 pm tonight, so I imagine he’ll be very tired.
- My boss from work will be unavailable until next week, so I can’t ask her for a raise right now.
Many people shorten “until” into ’til or ’till.
A commonly confused preposition of time is by. This word means no later than or before.
- My professor wants my essay by 5pm today. It’s 2pm right now, so I only have three hours to write it. Can you drive me to the library?!
- The flight has been delayed a few hours, but we should be boarding by 9pm. It’s 6pm right now, so I don’t think we have enough time to leave the ariport to play golf.