Das EFX is an American hip hop duo consisting of emcees Dray and Skoob. They named themselves “Das” standing for “Drayz and Skoob” and “EFX” meaning “effects”. They rose to popularity in the early 1990s due to their affiliation with EPMD‘s Hit Squad and the duo’s stream of consciousness lyrical delivery, which became one of the most influential lyrical styles in hip hop music during the early 1990s. Their style combined nonsensical lines with a fast-paced flow (that included words that end with “-iggedy“) and numerous pop culture references (taken verbatim from Wikipedia).
To the hiddip the hop it don’t stop.
Das EFX with the real hip hop.
To the hiddip the hop it don’t quit.
Das EFX and we came to rip shit.
Grammar: Preposition ‘Like’
In case you didn’t know, the flow is fat like Joe.
I eat a rapper like I’m Pacman.
Well I pop shit and rock shit like Metallica.
Use the preposition like to say that things are the same. Use like before a noun or pronoun to talk about the similarity.
like + noun/pronoun
- He looks like his father.
- She plays piano like Mozart!
- She won’t go out with guys like me.
We can also use like to give examples.
- People are happy in sunny places like California.
- I’m not good in subjects like math. I prefer creative classes.
Like and as can be used as a conjunction before clauses and prepositional phrases. Using as is more formal.
like + clause/prepositional phrase
as + clause/prepositional phrase
- Nobody loves you like I do.
- Das EFX raps like nobody else I’ve listened to.
- No other website will help you learn English like ESLhiphop does!
Das EFX are very fast rappers. What do they sound like? Do they sound like anybody you know? Write as many sentences as possible!