Kris Kross was a rap duo from the 1990s, consisting of members Chris “Mac Daddy” Kelly and Chris “Daddy Mac” Smith. The duo was best known for their hit 1992 song “Jump“, which was No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for eight weeks and certified double platinum as a single. It also achieved international success, topping charts in Switzerland, Australia, and the United States. Kris Kross was also noted for their fashion style, which consisted of wearing their clothing backwards (taken verbatim from Wikipedia).
Don’t try to compare us to another bad, little fad.
I’m the Mac, and I’m bad. Give you something that you never had.
The Mac Dad will make you jump, jump.
The Daddy Mac will make you jump, jump
Kris Kross will make you jump, jump.
Use causative structures when a person or thing causes another person/thing to do something. The most common verbs in causative structures are get, make and have.
make + object + base verb
- This music makes the people dance! The people are dancing because of the music.
- The gym instructor is very strict. He makes his clients exercise for two hours every day!
make + object pronoun (me, you, him, her, it, us, them) + base berb
- My father is inspirational, and I try to be like him. He makes me work harder every day.
- Don’t bring your water bottle to the airport. The TSA will make you throw it away.
make + object/pronoun + adjective
- The rain made the sidewalk slippery. Be careful or you will fall.
- My loud neighbors make me angry sometimes. They play music very loudly, and their apartment smells like cigarettes!
make + object/pronoun + adjective + noun
- ESLhiphop.com will make you a better student. You should study with hip-hop and rap!
- My wife makes me a happy man every day. We share the same values, and she makes me feel important.
What makes you angry? Happy? Sad? Inspired? Depressed? Motivated? Bored? Excited? Please write in the comments below!